Saturday, November 27, 2010

Insert Cliché of Thankful Here!

Earlier this week I was battling myself, in a post that I actually never posted, I'm glad I didn't post it. For the most part I was just whining about change and about being "left" behind. And while I may not be the quickest learner I do learn and progress.

I now realize that even with change, it'll be ok. It'll be ok because I have an amazing family and friends. I understand that it may sound like a cliché but after this week, I know it's not for me.

First let me start off with my Mom. My mom made the most amazing meals in the last 2 days, even when she didn't have to she went ahead and planned a thanksgiving dinner, in which she probably never would have had to if I didn't want it so badly. I didn't even have to twist her arm to do it, but she prepared the MOST AMAZING Thanksgiving dinner after already making a pork tenderloin dinner the night before with extra desserts. It's the subtle things that my mom does that really blow my mind. On Wednesday night she knew I didn't like the other vegetables at dinner, so she let me cook green beans… We had plenty of other amazing delicious dishes. On Thursday morning there was delicious Eric Estrada Casserole (unfortunately I became sick immediately following my favorite breakfast) but as soon as I became queasy my mom was there helping me out, and yet somehow managed to make yet another amazing meal for everyone, and also made me rice crispy treats to try to make me feel better. I mean we had a myriad of other desserts but she went ahead and made rice crispy treats because she knew they were my favorite! She hosted a BEAUTIFUL thanksgiving for friends that we had invited out! It really was an amazing thanksgiving… while earlier this week I was being negative I realized now that while things are changing, these are also good things too, because I have family and friends still all around me.

Once everyone had left and I had developed a fever my mom after WORKING HER TAIL OFF ALL DAY, rubbed my back, and focused on me. She listened to be blubber like an idiot because I didn't feel good and was feeling down. Then again this morning she got up to go to work, and made sure my fever had broke, had me call the dr and after a discussion took me to the emergency room… yes we spent the day after thanksgiving in the Emergency room, a trip that literally took 6 hours, with little results. My mom never once made me feel bad for wasting her day. She is amazing for sticking through it with me!

My dad, who does everything for my mom and for me. Every time I asked for something yesterday he got it, took care of it, and never once complained or told me I could get it myself. Once my mom and I got home we then realized that he had done ALL of the laundry too! And that wasn't a small task! My dad makes me laugh, laughs at my jokes and reminds me to stay spiritual. It never ceases to amaze me how strong my dad is, and what a great example he is. When I was younger, ok two years ago, if I was upset about something my dad would simply ask "Did you pray about it?" It'd set me off and make me so mad. Now it's a refreshing reminder that all I need to do is pray. My dad is constantly putting others before him, and takes care of everyone. I'm in constant admiration of my dad.

So today I'm extremely thankful for my parents! I know I have an amazing set of family and friends too, but today I want to focus on my parents! Mom and Dad if you read this... I love you and Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment