Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day One, Starts with Snow! :)


So it began today, the change. Ha! Ok so it was a late start after not feeling well through most of the night but the day started none the less. I got up got ready and headed to work. Worked, there was a game today but I was still incredibly nauseous and had the weirdest indigestion so my boss thankfully let me go home once I got everyone settled and ready for the game. I'm extremely thankful for my number 2 man, without him my boss wouldn't be as flexible… Thank God J is there!!
So while physically I feel like I'm going downhill, emotionally I'm feeling better! Since my boss let me go home earlier I swung by Target on my way home so I could get some Zantac and Benadryl to ease some of my nausea and indigestion. (btw, if you want Benadryl from Target you have to get the off brand kind because the real stuff received a recall and it's on the bottom shelf under the Zyrtec, it only took me 20 min to figure that out!) but I had already known I wanted a Lamp from there so I ran down the aisle too to get that while I was there. (you can click on Lamp and you can see it!) It was the ONLY black one left!!! I'm so happy I had to stop there today or else I wouldn't have gotten it!!! But I did find it. There was no luck on find a rug so far, I've looked a lot of places, Home Depot online seems to have the most that I like, So when I talked to my mom we decided we'd go to Home depot Saturday to look! I can't wait!!!
Once I got home, I put away a few things, made some pretty good progress, but then I was pretty tuckered out so I sat down on the couch to start something relaxing. I had found this awesome craft
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/magazine-christmas-trees
So I tried to do it. Thank god for Martha's video or I would have been lost. So here is my product
 While it doesn't look like much, it's harder then you'd think. I think you should use a thicker magazine then just a US weekly…
Or else you'll end up with this in the back, like I did…

 
So I plan on making at least 3 more. I'm going to spray paint them gold, then get spray adhesive and just sprinkle gold glitter on the top. I can't wait to finish them!!! I just need to find a bigger magazine to vary the sizes of the trees…

Their final resting places will be right there where those 3 glass canisters are, I think I'll empty the canisters buy new coffee beans and just do the same thing but throw gold bulbs in there too so then I'll have the trees and those. You'll get to see the final look. I can't wait!!!
Also if you'll notice in the mantle there is that small molding area I'd like to add some kind of accent there. I'm not sure what... But that'll come soon too!
The next item up for business is a trip to Hobby Lobby to get stuff to finish making my Christmas Cards, and also to make stockings for my mantle. I can't wait!
I also booked a lunch for Friday, pending confirmation, and Saturday with a friend. I was on the phone with a friend tonight and facebook with another one. I really have enjoyed my night even if it was just at home, it was relaxing and I didn't have to be on my feet. Plus I can be in my pajamas and not worry about anyone judging me! Alright that's all the progress for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment