Thursday, February 24, 2011

Stella

Today I was home sick, AGAIN! so needless to say I slept in, well until Stella decided she wanted to get up, she lets me know by politely nudging my bed. A 95lb dog can move a bed that's on rollers let me tell you that!
So while I don't feel good and may not have the most energy in the world she still needed some outside time. If you've ever heard me talk about my dogs bathroom habits you'd know that she likes a little privacy, and she tends to go along the same path, every time. Well today we were outside, I was trying to pretend to mind my own business while she was finding the "perfect" spot, and I began to commentate her or what I would assume is her thought process. Well I found myself pretty funny, I couldn't stop giggling which only distracted her which would start her process all over again!
It wasn't until I turned around to head back in that I realized the people in the apartment behind mine had been watching the whole thing. So I ask myself, Do people think I'm crazy? Should I only talk to my dog when we are in the comforts of our own home? Should I be talking to a dog?
I don't know the answer to these questions but I think I'll keep up my end of the dialog, and only become worried if I think Stella is talking back!
On another note, if you'll see in the picture next to her is her new favorite toy!!! It's also my new favorite toy!!! It's a Kong, well it's the Extreme Kong (she's kinda rough with her chew toys!!) I can insert a dog bisquit in it and stella has to work to get it out of it! When she first got it I was concerned that she wouldn't be able to get the whole treat out, and she wasn't that interested. I was upset by this cause it's not the cheapest toy in the world. At first once she had given up on gettng the treat the rest of the way out, I would go and step on the toy to crush the rest of the bisquit so she could get it out, this afternoon I went to crush it, Stella had already beaten me to it! She has figure it out!! Not only has she figured this out she loves pushing it around the house and chewing on it. The Kong still looks like it was just pulled out of its package, no teeth marks!!!! I'm sooo pleased with the money I spent on it!!  Ok enough product placement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment