Sunday, February 20, 2011

29 years...

29 years ago today my parents got married,
 29 years ago my parents made a promise to stay together for better or for worse,
29 years ago my mom and dad got married.
I think we all know I'm a pretty big fan of my parents. A huge reason I adore my parents is cause for 29 years, I've never seen my parents fight, sure they may have a few tiffs, some sarcastic remarks towards each other, but it's always followed with a smile! My parents taught me how to love, the importance of family, and the value of hard work. They have taught me everything I know. (ok sure I've learned a few things on my own too, but I couldn't have done it without the support of them!) Its days like today that remind me that I'm lucky to be around home still, I got to spend my parents 29th wedding anniversary with them! We had a great lunch, where it still makes my heart swell how they are just one amazing unit. I had an amazing afternoon with my parents, just getting to hang out with them.
I find it funny and amazing to watch my parents. My dad is patient, kind, funny, hard working. My dad seems to always have a calm face on, which may be needed when you have a high strung daughter like myself!  It may surprise some of you but I am a lot like my mother. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, my mother is successful, strong, funny, caring and still gorgeous at the age of ___ well that's nobody business but hers! ;) But my parents share this amazing love, and I guess in some ways its just kind of nice to see the future. If the best of their qualities rubbed off on me then I can hope that I end up being half the women my mom is, and that when I get married that I'll be half as happy as they are. 
Stella, may have tried to jump into the picture, can you blame her though?

After 29 years, They've never looked better!

No comments:

Post a Comment