Tuesday, March 29, 2011

6 Months...

6 months ago, I started to date a guy... Brian, we had met before that and I was reluctant to date him... his wit, caring, and good looks made him irresistible to me, so I finally gave in and said I'd give it a whirl... I'm soo thankful that god led me to him. It was a whirl wind at first, we had gotten to know each other pretty well before we made it facebook official, I hadn't really mentioned to anyone that I was seeing anyone in particular, (remember at first I tried to talk myself out of it.) so there was a bombarding of questions and who is he.
I don't regret my keeping us quite to start with, without it we wouldn't have been able to really get to know each other and also I don't think we would have entered our relationship so sure of what we were doing. Brian had told me from the start that he would be deploying, that in itself was my hesitation, but like I said, I couldn't not fall in love with him. God had a plan he placed Brian in my life for a reason, he also placed deployment in our relationship for a reason as well.
I'll be the first to admit that I may not be the easiest going girl. Brian and I started dating when I was starting my diverticulitis, there were movie nights where he would come watch a movie with me and I'd spend part of the movie in the bathroom and the other part curled up in a ball on the couch crying cause it all hurt so bad. Brian never made me feel bad about it, he rubbed my back, he listened, and he cared. This still means the world to me.
Brian is my first serious boyfriend, there was a whole myriad of self conscience issues that I had to work through. Brian let's me voice my insecurities, yes, he may laugh at them (and rightfully so) but he still lets me say hey I'm worried about this...Brian is patient and understanding. These weren't things that just came to us though, We had our rough patches, but because of those we have learned how to communicate with each other even when we can't see each others faces.
I am extremely pleased that not only has Brian and my relationship grown, our relationship with God has also grown. We are able to share bible verses with each other to stay strong and also we pray for each other and remind each other that god has control of our lives not us.
So six months ago I established a relationship with Brian, he has become my best friend, and my boyfriend. I am thankful to god for bringing Brian into my life, and also for guiding us at this point in our lives. I never thought that when I gave my heart to a boy he would take it so far away! But yet it is amazing to me how he can be sooo far away and yet make me feel like he's right next to me! Regardless of our geographical locations my heart has never felt so close to another!
Happy Six Months Brian! <3 I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment