Thursday, January 28, 2010

A true friend.

So I thought of this quote today,

A true friend rejoices in your successes and offers encouragement when you're down. :)

and relized how fitting it is for this time. I'm not self loating or trying to get someone to read a hidden message, but how fitting this quote is for this semester.
Issues have come and gone and a lot changes when people mature or progress with life, wither that be good, bad or indifferent. But I am finding it imporatant to remember that a true friend rejoices in your success (doesn't show jelousy or condisending thoughts) and offers encouragement when you'e down.
I read an article in O magizine last week about a lady who had recieve a journal from her life long friend and in that journal there were notes and letters between the two and the lady who recieved the gift relized that the woman that was pertrayed in those letters wasn't the woman she felt like she had been. Her notes were full of sorrow that she felt for herself, and few questions about how her friend was doing.  I realize now that I don't want to look back and see that same image. I want to know that for every time i've had a pitty party that I have RSVP'd to my friend in needs pitty party. Obviosly I'd RSVP to a party of a friend.
so with all those thoughts I leave with a true friend REJOICES in your successes and offers encouragement when you're down.

No comments:

Post a Comment